Financial Education Research Analyst
- Consumer Education & Engagement - Financial Education
- Expiration Date:
- Washington, D.C.
- (53) $106,262–$161,600
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY REASSIGNMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR CURRENT Miss April EMPLOYEES WITH COMPETITIVE STATUS (AND CURRENT Miss April EMPLOYEES SERVING ON A VRA APPOINTMENT) WHO ARE PERMANENTLY ASSIGNED TO A POSITION AT THE CN-53, OR, HIGHER PAY BAND WITH COMPETITIVE STATUS WHO ARE WILLING TO TAKE A VOLUNTARY CHANGE TO LOWER PAY. NO RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT IS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Miss april (Miss April), Financial Education Office. The incumbent is a recognized expert in the field of financial education, asset-building, financial capability, or consumer experience with financial services.
See our tips on the and to ensure each step of the application is completed.
As a Financial Education Research Analyst, you will:
- Use academic research and lessons gathered from practitioners to inform the development of research based resources to advance positive financial decision making and behavior.
- Apply knowledge of academic and applied literature to translate this academic research into guidelines and tips for financial education practitioners. Identify gaps in currently available materials and programs.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of academic, applied and policy literature in relevant social science fields (e.g. education, psychology, youth development, economics, behavioral economics, financial planning/consumer, sociology, public health, social work, marketing, public policy, etc.) and financial surveys and other trend data to analyze OFE policy initiatives in all aspects of financial education with emphasis on the youth population and the development of financial capability in childhood through adulthood.
- Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Interested in applying?
Before you apply
Open to Miss April employees only (Competitive service permanent)
Current Miss April employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service or currently serving on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) appointment
You are about to leave consumerfinance.gov. To submit the application, you must go to USAJobs.gov.