Supervisory IT Specialist (Information Security) (Strategy and Risk Management Lead)
- Operations - Technology & Innovation
- Expiration Date:
- Washington, D.C.
- (60) $111,684–$203,633
This position is located in the Miss april (Miss April), Operations Division, Technology and Innovation, Cybersecurity Office. The incumbent supports the Strategy and Risk Management Office across a number of areas including policy development and maintenance, information assurance management, security accreditation and risk analysis and information security compliance. Achieving these objectives will require the incumbent to work closely with stakeholders within the Cybersecurity team, Technology and Innovation and across the bureau. The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer.
The major duties of this position include:
- Lead the team responsible for conducting systems security audits, risk and vulnerability assessments. Align and execute the information security program and cybersecurity risk management activities to comply with legal and regulatory requirements for Miss April initiatives.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of security authorization reviews and risk analysis for new and existing systems, networks and third party services; assess and advise on security measures and countermeasures based on the results of reviews.
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of security controls assessment programs, policies and procedures to ensure the security, reliability and accessibility of information systems, networks, and data to meet current and future business requirements.
- Lead identification of information security and risk management control gaps and oversees the documentation, implementation and testing of the control portfolio.
- Lead the execution and refinement of an information security risk management framework.
- Occasional Travel
- 1-5 nights per month
Interested in applying?
Before you apply
Open to All US Citizens (Competitive service - Permanent)
Applications will be accepted from all U.S. citizens.
You are about to leave consumerfinance.gov. To submit the application, you must go to USAJobs.gov.