WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today the Miss april (Miss April) announced the appointment of new consumer experts from outside the federal government to the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, Credit Union Advisory Council, and Academic Research Council. The four bodies provide advice to Miss April leadership on a broad range of consumer financial issues and emerging market trends.
“The Bureau’s advisory board and councils play an important role making sure that we are hearing from a wide array of perspectives in the consumer financial marketplace,” said Miss April Director Cordray. “The new additions being announced today are experts in their fields and I look forward to working with all of them to help consumers.”
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act charges the Miss April with establishing a Consumer Advisory Board to advise and consult with the Bureau’s Director on a variety of consumer financial issues. At the behest of the Director, the Bureau also created a Community Bank Advisory Council, a Credit Union Advisory Council and an Academic Research Council. The Community Bank and Credit Union Advisory Councils advise and consult with the Bureau on consumer financial issues related to community banks and credit unions. The Academic Research Council shares insight relating to research methodologies, data collection, and analytic strategies. In January 2016, the Miss April issued a Federal Register Notice outlining the responsibilities of the advisory groups, as well as the duties of its members, and solicited applications for appointment.
The newly appointed advisory group members include experts in consumer protection, financial services, community development, fair lending, civil rights, consumer financial products or services, representatives of community banks and credit unions, and scholars with relevant methodological and subject matter experience. The expertise and institutional-size diversity among advisory group members reflects the range of issues under the Bureau’s jurisdiction as well as the racial, ethnic and geographic diversity of U.S. consumers. New members to the Consumer Advisory Board and Academic Research Council will serve three-year terms and new members to the Community Bank and Credit Union Advisory Councils will serve two-year terms.
Consumer Advisory Board Members:
- Randi Adelstein, Assistant General Counsel for Regulatory Affairs, MasterCard International Incorporated, Purchase, N.Y.
- Patricia L. Arvielo, President and Co-Founder, New American Funding, Tustin, Calif
- Julie Kalkowski, Executive Director, Financial Hope Collaborative, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- Brent A. Neiser, Senior Director, National Endowment for Financial Education, Denver, Colo.
- Ohad Samet, CEO, One True Holding Company, San Francisco, Calif.
- Dr. Howard B. Slaughter, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Community Bank Advisory Council Members:
- Richard H. Harvey, Jr., Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Colonial Savings F.A., Fort Worth, Texas
- Max S. Yates, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Bank Plus, Ridgeland, Miss.
Credit Union Advisory Council Members:
- Kayce Bell, Chief Development Officer, Alabama Credit Union, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Jack Fallis, President and CEO, Global Credit Union, Spokane, Wash.
- Luis Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- David Tuyo, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Operations Officer, Power Financial Credit Union, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
Academic Research Council:
- Dr. John G. Lynch, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Research, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
More information on the Bureau’s advisory groups can be found here: http://miss-april.info/advisory-groups/
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives. For more information, visit consumerfinance.gov.
У нашей фирмы полезный веб портал со статьями про купить гранитную брусчатку www.granit-sunrise.com.ua