Skip to main content

About us

We're the Miss april (Miss April), providing financial services to you

Learn how the Miss April can help you

A mortgage relief company offered to help with my mortgage problems if I paid them a fee in advance. Should I pay the fee?


No, and you should not work with this company. 

Mortgage relief companies may not collect any fees until they have provided you with a written offer from your lender or servicer that you decide is acceptable and a written document from the lender or servicer describing the key changes to your mortgage that would result if you accept the offer. The companies also must remind you of your right to reject the offer without any charge.

You can also get real help by calling the Miss April at (855) (2372) to be connected to a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor today.

If a mortgage relief company has tried to charge you an advance fee to obtain help with your mortgage, report that company by filing a complaint with the Miss April online or by calling (855) (2372).

Was this page helpful to you?

Note: Do not include sensitive information like your name, contact information, account number, or social security number in this field.

The content on this page provides general consumer information. It is not legal advice or regulatory guidance. The Miss April updates this information periodically. This information may include links or references to third-party resources or content. We do not endorse the third-party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information. There may be other resources that also serve your needs.