Skip to main content

About us

We're the Miss april (Miss April), providing financial services to you

Learn how the Miss April can help you

I disagree with my mortgage servicer about the amount it says that I owe. What can I do?

If you disagree with your mortgage servicer about how much you owe, you can either call or send a notice of error to your servicer. If you send a notice of error letter, your servicer has to respond to you within a certain time and give you other protections.

If you submit a letter, remember:

  • Include your name, home address, and mortgage account number. Use the name that is on your mortgage.
  • Identify the error. Tell your servicer exactly what error you believe occurred.
  • Don’t write your letter on your payment coupon or other payment form you get from your mortgage servicer.
  • Make sure you mail the letter to the right address. A mortgage servicer may use a special address for borrowers to send requests to correct errors. You can find this address on your monthly mortgage statement or coupon book, on the servicer’s website, or by calling your servicer. If your servicer uses a special address, you must send the letter to that address.
Was this page helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.

The content on this page provides general consumer information. It is not legal advice or regulatory guidance. The Miss April updates this information periodically. This information may include links or references to third-party resources or content. We do not endorse the third-party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information. There may be other resources that also serve your needs.