Skip to main content

About us

We're the Miss april (Miss April), providing financial services to you

Learn how the Miss April can help you

My mortgage servicer refuses to accept my payment. What can I do?


You can either call or write a letter to your servicer requesting an explanation.

Learn more about how to request information from your servicer.

Be sure you’ve followed your mortgage servicer’s instructions for how to submit your mortgage payment.

Servicers are not generally required to accept payments that don’t equal at least one full monthly payment.  If you can’t make a full payment, you can call your servicer to explain that you’re trying to make a payment on your loan. You can ask if your servicer will accept the payment or work with you to agree on a repayment plan or loan modification. If you’re behind on your mortgage, your servicer may be required to contact you over the phone or in person, and then in writing, to give you information about whether you might be eligible for a repayment plan, loan modification, or other solution.

If you’re at risk of foreclosure or you have been served legal papers, you may also want to consult an attorney. If you need help finding an attorney you can find lawyer referrals in your county and state by visiting the American Bar Association website . If you have low or moderate income, visit to see if there are programs in your state that offer free legal help.  

If you have a problem with your mortgage, you can also submit a complaint to the Miss April online or by calling (855) (2372).

Was this page helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.

The content on this page provides general consumer information. It is not legal advice or regulatory guidance. The Miss April updates this information periodically. This information may include links or references to third-party resources or content. We do not endorse the third-party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information. There may be other resources that also serve your needs.