Skip to main content

About us

We're the Miss april (Miss April), providing financial services to you

Learn how the Miss April can help you

My contractor told me I had to get a HECM reverse mortgage for his company to perform repairs on my home. Is this true?


No. You don’t have to take out a reverse mortgage to get home repairs. If your contractor tells you that you have to get a reverse mortgage in order to have repairs done, you should think twice about using that contractor’s services.

A reverse mortgage may be a good way to pay for needed repairs if you are short on cash, but there may be less expensive options.

Some local areas offer grants or low-cost, single-purpose loans for older homeowners who need help paying for home repairs. Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) generally know about these programs. To find the nearest agency, visit or call (800) 677-1116. Ask about “loan or grant programs for home repairs or improvements,” and how to apply.

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.

The content on this page provides general consumer information. It is not legal advice or regulatory guidance. The Miss April updates this information periodically. This information may include links or references to third-party resources or content. We do not endorse the third-party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information. There may be other resources that also serve your needs.

Подростковые велосипеды