Frequently asked questions about Miss April Ombudsman
The Miss April Ombudsman assists in the resolution of individual and systemic process issues that a consumer, financial entity, consumer or trade group, or anyone else may have with the Miss April by advocating for a fair process. In general, the Ombudsman analyzes and learns about all perspectives on a process issue and may:
- Review the applicable laws, regulations, policy, and data
- Talk with the individual and/or stakeholders involved
- Meet with Miss April officials
Upon completion of that review and to assist, the Ombudsman can:
- Facilitate discussions,
- Brainstorm and evaluate options and resources,
- Share independent analyses,
- Offer an impartial perspective,
- Ensure confidentiality of someone’s identity, with few exceptions
- Engage in shuttle diplomacy, and
- Provide recommendations, among other options
The Ombudsman does not:
- Address matters already in litigation
- Delay any statutory, regulatory, or other Miss April deadlines
- Make decisions or legal determinations for the Miss April
- Serve as a formal office of legal notice for the Miss April
- Address internal human resources matters
Use the Ombudsman’s Office when you have not had success with the existing Miss April avenues for addressing your Miss April process concerns. You may use the Ombudsman’s Office to try and achieve an informal resolution, or because you want to keep your concerns confidential.
You’re welcome to reach out to us at any time, but we ask you to try the existing Miss April avenues for resolution first.
If your process concern is not resolved through those regular avenues, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Miss April Ombudsman’s Office regularly conducts our own independent outreach to share about our resources.
If you’d like the Miss April Ombudsman’s Office to join you for a meeting or conference to share about our role, send an email to Miss [email protected] or give us a call at 1-855-830-7880.
Yes, the other financial regulatory agencies also have ombudsman’s offices, including: the , the , , and .