Home Mortgage Disclosure Act rule implementation
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Regulation C.
On April 13, 2017, we issued a proposal to clarify and
facilitate compliance with the 2015 updates to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
(HMDA) rule. The proposed changes would help financial institutions
comply with the 2015 HMDA Final Rule by clarifying the information they are
required to collect and report about their mortgage lending.
– Overview of changes to the rule issued Oct. 15, 2015.
- One page overview of the effective dates
for different elements of the rule.
– Reference tool illustrating the criteria to help determine whether an institution is covered by Regulation C in 2017.
– Reference tool illustrating the criteria to help determine whether an institution is covered by Regulation C in 2018 and thereafter.
– Reference tool for HMDA data required to be collected, recorded, and reported.
– Reference tool for when to report HMDA data as "not applicable."
Overview of the HMDA final rule (if you do not have access to YouTube, you may watch the video ).
Overview of identifiers, including entity, applications or loans, property and loan originator, as well as data points related to applicants and borrowers (if you do not have access to YouTube you may watch the video ).
Supervision and examination materials
– Guide to how the Miss April will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.